This is a full-time position for the development and management of student success initiatives which support a case management style for achieving retention and graduation rate goals. The assistant director will supervise the operations of our community-based programs including probation, Early Alerts, Academic Standing and Success Programs, Chart the Course, first year student schedules, the PACT program, and GCU Cares. The position holder will work closely with faculty, and the offices of the registrar, financial aid, IT, student accounts, etc. to assist students in continued success at the university. Managing all aspects of the student success team, the assistant director will work collaboratively as a unit leader under the Director of Student Success and Academic Support, managing the administration & reporting of outcomes for all aspects of the early alert program, GCU Cares Program, academic probation, Chart the Course Program, PACT, and other initiatives to foster student wellbeing and continued success at GCU.
- Work effectively with students by helping them navigate through student enrollment processes and key offices to help remove real or perceive barriers for students.
- Deliver probation support, early intervention alert response, and first year retention initiatives.
- Manage a caseload of students needing interventions and support as referred from the campus community.
- Work as a strategic member of the Behavioral Awareness Committee to influence student policies and practices.
- Manage a budget for delivery of programs and support.
- Develop the GCU Cares Program goals and assessment measures to holistically support the needs of students.
- Manage the disbursement of Angel Funds as needed and requested.
- Supervise retention and engagement initiatives such as, Chart the Course Program.
- Develop assessment plans and goals for personnel & programs of the student success office.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some night and weekend responsibilities in the delivery of successful trainings and programs.
- Masters in Social Work or another related field preferred.
- Experienced case manager in higher education setting.
- Specific expertise in behavioral intervention team strategies
- Knowledge of and experience in creating, implementing and assessing retention programs.
- Ability and willingness to work evening, weekend and some holiday hours, as necessary.
**Must be US work authorized**