The Department of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics seeks a full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor in Computer Information systems to support an undergraduate major in Computer Information systems, beginning in fall 2023, pending budget approval. The candidate will demonstrate evidence of excellence in teaching. The candidate will be asked to teach a broad range of courses including those required for computer information systems Research is expected, and research involving undergraduates is especially valued; a record of academic research and publication is preferred. Opportunities exist to work with students on co-curricular activities such as clubs, honorary societies, internships and service learning.
- Integrate the Mercy core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Teach 12 credits per fall and 12 credits in spring semesters (4-4 load) in Computer Information Systems, information systems, Computer Science, and possibly math.
- Serve as the director of the CIS major with
- Regularly participate in course assessment and program assessment and be willing to make improvements in teaching/advising.
- Teach at the Lakewood campus, off site locations or in evening, if needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues in on-going off site and evening teaching coverage, if needed.
- Teach in lecture, online, or hybrid modalities, if needed.
- Be willing to teach in The Bridge General education program in department or university-wide offerings.
- Collaborate with colleagues regarding course materials (developing or using common syllabi/course outlines).
- Scholarly activities, such as publications and academic conference presentations.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Participate in departmental functions such as lectures, Open House, etc.
- Engage in university-wide service.
- Support co-curricular student activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Computer Information Systems; Computer Science or a related discipline (ABD will be considered at the Instructor level).
- A strong candidate will have a focus/experience with Computer information systems; computer science and able to engage with colleagues representing diverse disciplines.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the college level.
- Ability or willingness to learn to use instructional technologies effectively is essential;
- Experience assessing learning outcomes in courses and programs.
***MUST BE US WORK AUTHORIZED***