This position serves as the emergency contact person and supervisor for 15-18 incoming first-time students, as well as the liaison between the EOF Office, the Office of Residence Life/Dean of Students and the Office of Campus Security and the parents/guardians during the six-week residential program. The Resident Director also ensures that students are using the academic support services (tutoring, time management & study skills workshops) during the evening hours. They will also facilitate EOF individual meetings/sessions (hall meetings, conflict resolution, management. etc.) where applicable.
- Manages the evening activities and nightly operations for 15-18 first year students in one residence hall
- Supervises and mentors one (1) Resident Assistant/Peer Mentor, who is largely responsible for the daytime engagement with the students
- In conjunction with the EOF Program Director or their designee, assists with implementing the University’s Conduct Process—if applicable
- Manages the “Move In/Move Out” process at the beginning & end of the Summer Program
- Maintains direct communication with the EOF Program staff to ensure that any maintenance, housing or other matters are addressed in a timely fashion
- Tracks the students’ whereabouts during the evenings, to ensure safety at all times.
- Participates in Summer Program Staff Training (week of June 26th)
- Conducts weekly one-on-one sessions with the Resident Assistant/Peer Mentor & weekly hall meetings, upon the students’ return on Sunday nights
- Manage daily administrative processes and maintenance/custodial priorities.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction on campus
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of experience (Resident Assistant, Resident Director, Area Coordinator, etc.) in Residence Life
- Experience with conflict resolution, problem solving, creative programming
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, etc. is preferred
- Familiarity with opportunity programs (EOF, GearUp, CHAMP, Upward Bound, TRIO-SSS) is a plus
- Must be available from June 26th, 2023-August 10th, 2023
**MUST BE US WORK AUTHORIZED**